American Express Gift Card recipients looking to activate their gift card can quickly go to the amexgiftcard.com activate website to get started. The site primarily sells gift cards but also has a card activation process, check balance function, and online account management.
How To Activate American Express Gift Card
There are a few ways individuals that have received an Amex Gift Card can activate their card for first time use. There is the online option, telephone activation option, or many times the card is already active at purchase so you can begin using it. The only problem with the purchase activation process is you may have to wait a few hours before you use it the first time.
If you are considering activating your card online via the amexgiftcard.com activate process the first step will be to select Check Balance from the top of the homepage. The webpage indicates you can sign in to manage and activate your card.
Enter your card details in the appropriate fields. You will need to enter your 15 digit card number, expiration date in MM/YY fashion, and the 4 digit security code found on the back of your card. The last step is to click Sign In and you should be successfully logged in to your account which will activate your card.
Activate Via Telephone
Activating by telephone is another useful option for cardholders that may not have access to the internet. They can simply flip their card over to the backside and find the Customer Service toll free number. Call the number and speak with someone to activate your card or go through the automated phone service.
How To Check Balance On American Express Gift Card
After you’ve successfully activated your card the next step is to begin using it and monitoring your balance. If you activated your card via the online service then you can continue using the American Express gift card balance feature of the website to view your recent purchases and available balance remaining on your card. The link amexgiftcard.com/balance is also available for use.
Cardholders can also call Customer Service and retrieve their balance via telephone. The number to communicate with customer service is 1-888-846-4308. All of your inquiries can be handled through them.
Amex Gift Card Highlights
The American Express Gift Card is a popular gift item for birthdays, graduations, promotions, or any other celebratory event. There are some details about the card that users should be aware ie of for the purchaser or the recipient.
- Customers can choose from business or personal gift cards
- The value on any card ranges from to 00
- There are many different card designs and themes purchasers can select from
- The funds on the card that were deposited by the purchaser do not expire. As long as you have the card in your possession the deposited funds will be there for you to use.
- There are no extra fees associated with this card. Once the card has been purchased there are no other fees for the recipient to have to worry about.
- This card is widely accepted online and everywhere that accepts the American Express logo.
- Safer option than cash and if your card is lost or stolen it can be replaced.